Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No Use Crying Over Spilled Blood

I hate this life I’m forced to live

I keep telling myself something’s got to give

But yet 4 years later I’m still stuck in this place

Still trying to put on a believable face

I still remember your smell, your touch, your hate

The look in your eye, your murderous traits

I despise you for the person I am

You slaughtered me like a wolf to a lamb

There is no going back, there is no way to heal

Every year at this time the breath of the reaper I feel

You are my life and you were my death

No different than an addict hooked to crystal meth

Would I take it all back you may all ask

The answer is no, despite this smothering mask

I’ve come to terms with the blood that’s been spilled

I no longer live with the shame and the guilt

This is my closure, this is my goodbye

If I can’t move forward, at least I can try.




© Kristin Bennett 2010


*** It's taken me a month to finish this... I started writing it October 20th, 2010 and finished tonight, November 20th, 2010.***

No comments: